James Bailey, LMHC, CADC II, CSAT
Co-Founder, New England Recovery Associates
I offer men in Greater Boston to Cape Cod my expertise in the treatment of multiple addictions with an emphasis on sexual compulsivity, in both individual sessions and group therapy settings.
I have worked extensively with clients experiencing dual diagnoses in residential and outpatient settings and facilitated support groups for families of addicts, emphasizing the importance of supportive treatment for the entire family unit. Many addicts, whether suffering from substance or behavioral addictions, are in essence self-medicating in order to better cope with other mental health issues such as depression. My diagnostic assessments help discover if your sexually compulsive behavior is in service to your mental health issue, what is traditionally defined as "dual diagnosis" when substance dependence is involved.
Sexual addiction is complex, however there is hope! As a trained Certified Sex Addiction Therapist, I have completed training developed by Dr. Patrick Carnes requiring extensive training and supervision with a CSAT Supervisor. Ongoing rigorous training ensures additional expertise in the field.
Licensing and Certifications
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor, Level II (CADC-II)
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT)
- International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals (IITAP)
- Massachusetts Mental Health Counselors Association (MAMHCA)
- Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH)
- South Shore Coalition of Independent Therapists (SSCIT)